Jack Jones - The Judy Garland Christmas Show (1963)



 

Jack Jones
Now, around here, we love Jack Jones.  A much forgotten singer, Jack is most famous for singing the theme to The Love Boat. But Jack is as good a jazz singer as Sinatra, Deano and the rest of the gang.

Here is Jack on Judy Garland's Christmas Show from 1963.  You will also notice our pal Mel Torme' among the guests.


Categories: ,

One Response so far.

  1. Susan says:

    Robby,

    I have this on Video Tape and on DVD, it was a great show and was done live. I wish she had done more than 1 Christmas show. It was funny seeing Liza as a teenager. I think the first movie I remember her from was Cabaret, but possibly also on The Jack Parr Program, Ed Sullivan, Hullabaloo, Fanfare, The Ice Capades, The Danny Kaye Show, Hippodrome, Perry Como's Kraft Music Hall, The Carol Burnett Show, The Hollywood Palace, That's Life, The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour, The Johnny Cash Show, there were other programs she was on too, but I don't remember them all. Then I first saw her in Cabaret and there was one scene where she was talking about the telegram she got from her dad and she said a line about amounting to something as an actress, and I could swear it was Judy Garland saying the line. Then of Course there was Liza With a Z and Arthur.

    I don't specifically remember her in any of the earlier shows I mentioned, but I was just a child then and may have watched them but don't remember. I do remember Hullabaloo though and would watch it whenever possible. The same with Johnny Cash and Carol Burnett.

Leave a Reply