Bing Crosby - The Hollywood Palace (1968)



The Hollywood Palace was an hour long variety show on ABC TV.  There were many guests hosts (much like SNL) but Bing Crosby made the most appearances - 31 in all including starring on the Christmas specials.  The show ran from 1964 thru 1970, with Bing hosting the final show.

Here's Bing singing his perennial hit on The Hollywood Palace Christmas show from 1968.


Categories: ,

2 Responses so far.

  1. Susan says:

    I wish they would release his entire series of TV Shows and Specials on DVD and not just "The Best Of" or "Highlights"

    Other performers would be Perry Como, Andy Williams, Carol Burnette, Mitch Miller & The Gang. Bob Hope, just to name a few.

    I know Carol really didn't do any Christmas Specials per se, but I see infomercial's all the time for "The Best Of" from her vault, so she must have the entire series including bloopers and could have them released on DVD.

    All of the above mentioned performers among others of the time had some of the best TV programs of any time on the air.

    Our children should get the chance to see what TV was like during it's Golden Age, and not the junk that is on TV today. Reality shows, etc., there must be about 15 talent shows alone, where contestants either sing or dance and then most get voted off and not in a nice way either.

    A few Networks out there do show some of the old Classic TV Shows, like Leave it to Beaver, The Patty Duke Show, Mr. Ed. Petticoat Junction, Burns and Allen, The Jack Benny Show, Peter Gunn, Burke's Law.

    But, they also show All in the Family, Maude, Sandford and Son, Good Times. And that isn't what Classic TV is all about.

    The Networks I'm referring to are Antenna TV, MeTV, THIS TV, RTV. Most of them show the same shows I mentioned as what isn't Classic TV is all about, and how many networks do we need to see the same programs on, and sometimes at the same time an the same episode?

    There are so many many more Classic TV programs from The Golden age that they could be showing instead.

    I don't even watch Network TV anymore and occasionally will watch my local TV station to get the weather report.

    Otherwise, I DVR TCM, Antenna TV and MeTV overnight and watch them during the day and Prime Time.

    We do have a station that carries THIS TV, but they are a sub-channel of our local channel and the Cable, Satellite and FIOS providers don't have to give you the sub-channels.

    Also the station that carries THIS TV is too far away to pick up with an indoor antenna. and we can't have any outdoor antenna's where I live.

  2. Unknown says:

    Hey Susan,

    I found this on Amazon and thought you might be interested

    http://www.amazon.com/Carol-Burnett-Christmas-Jonathan-Winters/dp/B008VR7U3Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351279390&sr=8-2&keywords=christmas

    I know what you mean about clips. When I bought my Bing Crosby DVD last year, I was very Happy is was full episodes, but there so many specials that I thought were the best that weren't included and I wish the folks at Bing Crosby, Inc. would release all of them.

Leave a Reply