The Donny and Marie Christmas Special

Now, I know some people out there may not think of this as something that should be put up here. But I grew up watching this show and the Christmas shows were just as much a part of it as Bing Crosby.

The Osmonds were first playing at Disneyland in California when they were discovered by Andy Williams. They then appeared on his show for the duration and on all of his Christmas shows. Donny and Marie Osmond then branched out into their own TV show in the late '70s. Their Christmas specials were reminiscent of the Andy Williams shows Donnie had appeared in for years.

This is the opening to the 1978 special which was filmed entirely in Utah where the Osmond family had built a TV studio to produce the Donny and Marie show during it's final run.

Enjoy!



Categories:

3 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    I have been a fan of the Osmonds for years. I remember this show like it was yesterday. It is sad that we don't have family shows like this anymore. It breaks my heart. Thanks for sharing this.

    Tracy Roberts
    Lakeland, FL

  2. Unknown says:

    You're welcome Tracy! I have this on DVD and it's still available. You can best find it on Amazon which is where i got it.

  3. Susan says:

    I loved the Donny & Marie Show. Thanks for posting this Christmas clip. I agree with Tracy it is sad that we don't have family shows like this anymore. I can still see Marie Osmond (in my mind) singing her "Paper Roses" debut on The Andy Williams Show. I want to say it was one of his Christmas Specials.

Leave a Reply