Traditional or Modern Christmas Music?

I have a new poll for this year.

Do you prefer Traditional or Modern Christmas music?  Now, I suppose we should define that by traditional, I mean everything from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Bing Crosby.  And by modern, I mean everything from Mannheim Steamroller to Brittany Spears.

I almost bet I know what the answer is going to be, but we have many international visitors to this site and I am anxious to hear their thoughts as well.

So Vote!

Results to be posted on Dec. 16th.

Categories:

2 Responses so far.

  1. Hi Robby. I've voted - It's got to be traditional for me!

    My one exception is 'It's Cliched To Be Cynical at Christmas' by Half Man Half Biscuit, because the lyrics so brilliantly savage the Scrooges:

    Now how did I guess
    You were going to express
    Your disdain at the crane
    With the bright fairy lights?
    And you moan at the snow
    ‘Cos your car wouldn’t go
    Oh it’s cliched
    To be cynical
    At Christmas

    You don’t have a tree
    And your smile has a fee
    All the same, here’s a card
    For your boring facade
    Jingle Bells, piney smells
    All the boys and the girls
    Say it’s cliched
    To be cynical
    At Christmas

    See how we yawn
    At your bile and your scorn
    It’s a beautiful day
    Peace on Earth has been played
    Make a noise with your toys
    And ignore the killjoys
    ‘Cos it’s cliched
    To be cynical
    At Christmas!

Leave a Reply