November already?

Well, it's already November and the leaves are turning.  Soon, it'll be time for Turkey and the Macy's parade.

In honor of the upcoming holiday, here's a cartoon from MGM

Categories: ,

3 Responses so far.

  1. Susan says:

    Hi Robbie,

    Thanks for posting this cartoon. I can tell from the beginning where it is blacked out on the bottom of the screen that this is Public Domain now so the Copyright year, etc isn't shown. I thought I saw most of these old cartoons before, but don't remember this one. Do you know the year this came out? Also is this from a collection on VHS or DVD?

    I already decorated our porch Monday for Christmas, but my better half won't let me turn the lights on yet being I don't pay the electric bill LOL, but hopefully they will be lit before Thanksgiving.

  2. Hey Susan,

    I think this particular cartoon is from 1945. Someone uploaded it from a VHS that they taped from somewhere. I used to watch it every thanksgiving season with a few others on TBS years ago.

    There is a house here where I live that they take the whole month of November to decorate. It's lit up like a Gingerbread house of something.

  3. Susan says:

    hi Robbie,

    Thanks, I thought is was from the 1940's. I was surprised that the quality was so good. A lot of the PD cartoons have been copied from a copy of a copy, etc., and each time the quality degrades.

    I've seen some houses that are brighter than the Griswold House from "Christmas Vacation" and they start in late August or early September just because they have so many lights to put up if they waited until now, they wouldn't be ready for Christmas.

Leave a Reply